Monday, November 23, 2015

November Trip - VA

In November, my parents flew Malorie and me to Virginia for a visit. They had wanted to come see Malorie for her birthday, but timing and cost were against them. We realized it would be cheaper and work better for Malorie & me to fly out. An added bonus was that I got to see my Grandpa.

Malorie and I ended up with a SUPER EARLY flight to VA. I was very nervous about flying alone with Malorie, but thankfully she was very good and there are many nice people in this world. I had so many people offer to help carry things, pick up things that I dropped, entertain Malorie on the plane, and the list goes on. I wish I could thank those people personally, but this will have to do. 


On the plane ready to leave Utah!



It was a long day, but we made it to VA!


Malorie wasn't so sure about the trip the whole time. She stuck close to me the entire time. It was pretty exhausting, but it was still nice to have her get to know my family better. (They ended up coming out in January and she was way more friendly on her own turf).

The first day there, I was able to get a haircut from my old YW's leader. I had planned on side bangs, but this as a bit different than I planned!
Malorie and my mom ended up coming with me. Malorie screamed unless she was in my lap, which is very abnormal for her. 


Later that day we went to visit my Grandpa. He had been declining for awhile, so I am grateful we got to spend time with him on this trip. 

I love this picture of them looking at each other. 

 

We were able to get a four generation picture, although Malorie and Grandpa weren't looking.


The next day, Malorie, Dad, and I went to McDonald's for breakfast. It was nice to have a chance to sit and talk with my dad. 


When I was little my dad used to take us on walks in our Radio Flyer wagon. That wagon is not in the best of shape now, but Dad has a new one. We were able to squeeze in a walk or two. I am sure there will be many more of these to come! 


Malorie enjoyed getting to know Aunt Miriam. We video chat a lot, but it was great to spend time in person.


One of the days we went to breakfast at McDonalds with everyone.

 

 

 

She pushed the highchair back to it's spot. Everyone else in the restaurant thought she was adorable.


On Saturday, we were able to be at a ceremony honoring Grandpa for his military service. So grateful for this wonderful man.

 

My cousin, Doug, was there for the ceremony as well.


Malorie loved Miriam's shoes.


She would only sleep in the bed with me, she refused to sleep in the pack n play.


Malorie and I were there for my birthday and Dad's. We celebrated all three of our birthday's while we were there. I missed seeing Jeff on my birthday, but it was fun to see my parents and sister! 


Dad bought this for the little ones to play on at Christmas. Malorie had fun having it all to herself!


Malorie had fun showing Grandpa how to use her tablet.


We had so much fun visiting with Grandma & Grandpa and Miriam.
Thanks Mom & Dad for flying us out!

 

 

 

Herndon, VA
November 18-23, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment