Monday, February 8, 2016

The table has been breached.

Malorie starting walking early. 8 1/2 months early. I at least took comfort in the fact that she showed no interest in climbing. The couple months that has been changing. First it was using us to climb onto the couch. Then it was bringing things to the couch to use as a step stool. Then she didn't need any help to get on the couch. 

I was ok with this. Our couches are not high off the ground and we have carpet. She has taken a few dives, but those were more scary than painful. 

We started to teach her to climb stairs. More as a preventative measure. 
She even started climbing into drawers and cabinets. Those I could handle as well. 


Today she discovered she could climb up chairs. It is a sad sad day. She was about to dump the salt when I caught her. I am so grateful I didn't leave any knives on the table!

We use ottomans as a barrier to keep her from going up the stairs. (You know the one above that she is standing on, that she got on unassisted). 

Guess we need to bite the bullet and buy a wide baby gate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment