Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August - Cummings Family Events & Girls Night

In addition to Mike & Elaine visiting from Virginia, two of Jeff's other Virginia cousins were in town. Sunday after the sealing we got together at Enos & Deanne's house for a family dinner. As always we enjoyed spending time with the Cummings side of the family. Even though, Sam & Courtney live in Virginia, we haven't spent as much time with them in the past couple years. I enjoyed having a chance to get to know each of them a little better. We also got to meet Jeff's cousin, Catie's fiancee.

The Cummings side of the family is very musical, so we ended up enjoying a jam session put on by Jeff's cousins. It started out with Jeff's cousin, Nate, playing songs upon request. I am amazed at how talented he is. Soon, Sam joined in on the trumpet. Courtney also did a solo vocal performance. The session ended up with almost everyone on random musical instruments, mostly making noise & having fun. Baby girl seemed to especially enjoy (or hate?) the drum. Whenever the drum was going, she was going! I am hoping this means she will be a musical person.

That Tuesday, I started out the day with a doctor's appointment. I got my TDAP, did a glucose test, and met with the doctor. Luckily, the only thing out of the ordinary were my thyroid levels, which I already knew. They had me schedule all my appointments for the remainder of my pregnancy, I can't believe we are only about 3 months away. That night I was able to have a girl's night with some of our Utah Valley friends. They were all wonderful enough to make the drive up to Bountiful! We spent the night eating treats and catching up, just as any girl's night should go.

Sam & Courtney family dinner (August 17) and Girl's Night (August 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment