Saturday, August 23, 2014

August - Ogden Temple Open House, Family Dinner, & Catie's Bridal Shower

August 20 we were able to attend the Ogden Temple Open House with Jeff's parents and Mike & Elaine. Jeff & I both took the day, off so that we could attend. In the LDS faith we build Temples where sacred ordinances are performed. Once Temples are dedicated, only worthy members of the church are allowed in the Temple. Before temples are dedicated, the church opens the buildings to the public. Anyone can come and walk through the temple and learn about why we build temples. The Ogden temple was just redone and as custom, was open to public for a few weeks. The Temple was beautiful, my favorite was one of the sealing rooms. The room was so white and peaceful. I felt the spirit as soon as I stepped in the room.

You are not allowed to take pictures inside the temple, but we made sure to get several outside once we were done. (Ignore my red face-it was HOT).

Jeff & I - not the most flattering angle, but you can see the top of the Temple

Tom, Beth, Jeff, Becca, Elaine, & Mike
(Jeff decided we should sit down.....)

Baby bump picture for Traci (almost 27 weeks)


Jeff & I in front of the Ogden Temple

Beth & Jeff thought it woudl be cool to take a picture of me in front of a tree on the Temple grounds, then in a couple years we can come back with baby girl to take a picture in the same spot.

At the open house, you could take a picture in front of the picture of the Temple. We pretty much blocked out the Temple, but it's still a picture of us all.

After the Open House we went to Marie Callender's for some pie. I think that was one of the first chances we had had to sit down with Mike & Elaine and really talk. It was fun to hear Mike & Beth share stories about their childhood. I also enjoyed getting to know Elaine. After Marie Callender's we went back to Enos & Deanne's for another Cummings family dinner.

Saturday, we were back down to Utah Valley so that I could go to Catie's bridal shower in American Fork. Even though we had already spent lots of time with Cummings, at each activity I got to spend time catching up with different people. After the shower, I went to Babies R Us with my friend Karen. She helped me go through and register, since she has 2 kids and I have none! We also enjoyed an excuse to catch up! I have missed her since we moved to Bountiful. Jeff & I ended the day by going to Five Guys and making the hour drive back home to Bountiful.

Ogden Open House & Family Dinner (August 20) & Catie's Bridal Shower (August 23).


No comments:

Post a Comment